UPDATE: As of May 10, 2021, Decatur Makers has moved to a Member 24/7 Phase Opening. Woot Woot!
The Board Executive Committee (which has been given power to make decisions on Opening Phases by the full Board) and Staff continued to meet weekly during the Beta Phase. We kept an eye on Covid cases in Georgia, DeKalb County and Atlanta and have seen the consistent downward trends. The Exec Comm also discussed input from members, considered CDC recommendations regarding inside and outside activities and current City of Decatur recommendations, and looked at how other makerspaces are conducting business safely across the country to consider how we may safely move forward with more open Phases.
The decision was made on Cinco de Mayo to move forward to a Member 24/7 Phase of Opening beginning Monday, May 10. This phase of opening is only for our current members; We are NOT open to the public at this time or taking on new members but we hope to be invite everyone back sometime this Summer! Stay tuned…
For our members while in the Member 24/7 Opening Phase:
- 24/7 access for paying members (your existing fobs will be reactivated… see 3 Steps below)
- No Staff/supervisor check-in required (we trust our adults to act like adults)
- No reservations needed for access and to use equipment, BUT a new reservation system is available for certain equipment (See more info below and in the Member Portal)
- Most COVID protocols remain the same, including wearing a mask at all times (whether you’re vaxxed or unvaxxed). Please click here to see all protocols on our wiki.
- AS ALWAYS: If your project requires an overnight stay at the space, or you plan to bring in a guest, you first need to get pre-approved by emailing email@example.com.
To have your fob reactivated, each member is required to FIRST complete 3 Steps (See more details in the Member Portal):
- STEP 1: WATCH our Covid Protocol Orientation video and score 100% on our quiz
- STEP 2: SIGN our new digital liability waiver
- STEP 3: RENEW your membership if you haven’t already.
For anyone seen not following protocols, staff reserves the right to limit your access to the space. We continue to take our protocols seriously for the safety of our staff and members.
Schedule time on the Glowforge, Woodshop, CNC and Welders
- You DON’T need to make a reservation to use equipment, but our members mentioned they like being able to schedule time in areas if they’re working on projects that take some time. So, we’ve set up a new 24-hour scheduling system: Skedda.
- Go to decaturmakers.org and click the “Member Portal” on the top left, scroll down to see the calendar, view availability, and sign up for spots.
- You can cancel and edit your reservation through the email you receive after signing up OR by clicking your reservation on the calendar.
We ask that you please have patience with us as we do our best to get you back in the space safely!
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.