Becoming a Member
We’re so excited you’d like to join us!
Here’s the process for becoming a member:
- Sign up below for the membership that best fits your needs. (Family packages cover up to 4 members) If you are under 18, please provide a parent’s email address.
- Fill out our background check. This will come via email within a few days after you’ve joined. It says it’s for volunteers, but it’s really for all members. Our space has kids and expensive tools and we want to make sure it stays safe for both.
- Attend an orientation to get 24/7 access to the space. Orientations lay out the expectations for the space as well as how to lock up.
- We have two official orientations each month: the 1st Wednesday from 6-7 pm and the 3rd Sunday from 1-2 pm. Our members are really our greatest asset and attending an official orientation is a great way to jump-start the process of getting to know them.
- You’ll still receive your member discount on classes even without attending an orientation, but you’ll need to attend an orientation to be able to use the space outside of classes.
- Make something! Ask other members what they’re working on; everyone loves to talk about their projects.
Got questions? We’ve got answers: Email us.
When buying a gift membership or gift certificate for classes: Click on our Donation Form
- Enter the dollar amount (Under “Desired Donation Amount”)
- In the ‘Notes’ field, tell us who you’re buying the gift for — and if you’re buying a gift membership or gift certificate for classes (Both certificates are good for one year)
- We’ll send you an official certificate to give as your gift
Make A Difference… Become a Cornerstone Member.
You can play a pivotal role in supporting Decatur Makers by making a gift — or by taking that gift a big step further and becoming a Cornerstone Member. The Cornerstone Membership price (below) covers both a tax-deductible charitable gift to Decatur Makers – which includes recognition on our Cornerstone Member signage at our space and on our website – as well as makerspace access and benefits including one-on-one training of all tools and equipment.
We currently offer Cornerstone Memberships at several levels for families (up to 4 members) and individuals.
Individual Cornerstone Memberships
Family Cornerstone Memberships
*A portion of each cornerstone membership fee counts as a tax-deductible donation to Decatur Makers. Email us for details.