We are currently processing applications for this position.
SALARY: $225 per week
HOURS: 15 hours per week, some after school, evening and weekend work.
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Start date flexible, but likely early November 2018.
LOCATION: 605 W. Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur GA 30030
CONTACT: Irm Diorio, Executive Director, [email protected]
About the Position:
The Makerspace Manager will work part-time (15 hours per week) to assist with all aspects of managing the makerspace and the organization. They will help with member management, coordinating classes and other uses of the space, communication and outreach, volunteer and event coordination, and facilities management. The expectation is that they will work closely with the executive director to help the larger community get more value from the space. The Makerspace Manager will need to potentially give tours and respond to inquiries about the space. In particular, the job will require some availability after school hours, weekday evenings, and weekends. This position includes a basic individual membership to Decatur Makers.
- Managing member accounts and member data
- New member orientation
- Managing the calendar
- Coordinate classes and other uses of the space (e.g. field trips, after school programs, etc)
- Coordinate community events and volunteers, includes facilitation of selected community projects
- Coordinate internal membership communications
- Give tours and respond to inquiries about the space
- Oversee daily operations of a community makerspace including organization, maintenance, inventory
- Promote the space via communication channels (social media, blog posts, email blasts, articles for local press)
- Measure and track space usage
- Other duties related to being a member of the Decatur Makers staff
- Provide general maintenance and upkeep to all areas of the property
- Experience working well with others is a requirement
- Knowledgeable of some aspects of making. Broad expertise is not expected across all our different activities
- Willingness and interest in learning to use most if not all the equipment and tools we have available
- Experience working in an educational environment or otherwise working with children a plus
- Knowledge of Google apps preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Takes initiative in establishing and pursuing community connections and partnerships
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, and professionalism at all times
- Experience developing, assessing, and managing projects from start to finish
- Self-directed and collaborative; able to work independently and on a team.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, names of references, and cover letter addressing why you are interested in the job to Irm Diorio, [email protected] Applications will be accepted for review through October 19, 2018.